Thursday 26 February 2015

Feeling poorly while at Uni? Here's some top tips!

As I mentioned in my last post I am not feeling my best so thought hey ho I'll post about how to take care of yourself at uni!


Without your mom's chicken broth and loving arms, here are some top tips and recommendations from me to help get rid of the boogie monster (wowww great pun Beth). The first month of uni is the worst! Everyone got the dreaded 'freshers flu' including me. The lecture halls are filled will ill students coughing and sneezing everywhere! So here it goes.




1) Beechams Podwer drinks

 The blackcurrant ones taste like warm Ribena! They are so good and really do help.

2) A packet of  pocket tissues

 You will need these in your lectures to stop you sniffling, and they are always handy!

3)Berocca

Vitamin C powder shots if you like they will help increase your immune system. If you don't like the taste then you can have a glass of orange juice everyday.

4) Cold and flu tablets

These are great they really do help with the congestion and help ease that pounding headache.

*you can get the above form ALDI for cheep and it works just as well!

5) Hot water bottle

Its always nice to have a hot water bottle to cuddle when your feeling chilly and ill.

6) Vitamin water


Yes it is a little pricey but trust me you need all the extra vitamins you can get and it tastes great and refreshing!



7) Your Favourite Films, books or TV shows.


I put some of my own favourites in. Vampire Diaries, Game of Thrones, Sleeping Beauty and the Harry Potter series. Use these to relax with your hot water bottle and a cup of Beechams


 8) Vicks vapour rub


I love this stuff it always reminds me of my nan when I was ill she always used to use this. Try putting some in boiling water and breath in the steam(It will be hot so be careful).

9) Pamper Night!

Have a bath if you have one. Where as I don't so instead I take a nice hot shower and use all my favourite products such as my lush shower scrub and face masks. The steam from the hot water is also great to help ease congestion.

I hope you found this useful! Tell me what you do when your ill and what are your top tips!

xoxo,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment